Howdy Juicy People!
I’m excited to write my first savory dish post! This one was made up step by step, and luckily, I got pictures! I thought to myself “Maybe this will taste good and I’ll get to write a blog post!” Sure enough it was scrumptious! This is a great dish to relish in the last moments of summer greatness while giving your body that warm feeling from the spices to bring in the winter season. Zucchini symbolizes summer, lentils symbolizes fall/winter (I think of warm lentil soups). I had both so I meshed them together!
I used sprouted lentils, which I learned to do from this site here > (http://www.theleangreenbean.com/how-to-sprout-lentils/) It has a great deal of benefits! It helps digest better without giving as much gas, and it unlocks key nutrients that are beneficial that are otherwise not available. It takes about 2 days, and is very low maintenance to do. Eating sprouted lentils has helped me greatly!
Onto the greatness!
Spicy Lentil Zucchini Stir Fry
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 C chopped red onion
- 2 cups halved zucchini (one medium zucchini makes two cups)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (divided)
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder (divided)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (divided)
- 1/8 tsp iodized salt (divided)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (divided)
- 1/2 C sprouted lentils
- 2 Tbsp filtered water
Optional toppings: dill, cilantro, parsley, lime.
1. In a non stick pan turn on medium high heat and add coconut oil. Once hot, add the onions and let sit until fragrant.
2. While pan/onions heat in a bowl add one cup of halved zucchini and half of the spices/powders. Top it with second cup, and add the remaining spices (add more or less depending on your taste) (do not mix the zucchini and spices together)
3. Once onions are heated and smelling good add in zucchini mixture and let sit for 30 seconds, stirring there on every 1 minute until zucchini becomes tender
4. While Zucchini cooks, have a small non stick pan heating up and add lentils. Toast for about 2 minutes, then add 2 tbsp water and cover with lid, letting lentils soak up all the water. Then remove from heat.
5. Once Lentils are done, throw over Zucchini and stir for about 1-2 minutes to heat together.
6. Serve with dill, cilantro, parsley, or lime